1. CMC is particularly well known for certain departments such as Neurosciences, Gastroenterology and Haematology (where it is a national leader in the treatment of rare blood disorders and bone marrow transplantation).
2. CMC hospital also have prominent specialities in Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Developmental Paediatrics and Palliative Care.
3. Christian Medical College & Hospital provides in house Diagnostic services such as Radiology Department, Nuclear Medicine and the Laboratories.
4. The Radiology reporting is through a filmless digital system (PACS).
5. As a part of the “clinical workstation” hospital information system all laboratory test results are also available through the hospital intranet.
1. CMC approximately have 9,500 staff, including 1,799 doctors and 2,847 nurses.
2. The hospital have 106 wards including 11 ICUs and 6 HDUs.
3. They also have 39 major operation theatres and a further 14 facilities for minor procedures.
4. On an average of 185 operations are carried out each day in CMC hospital.
5. The departments of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Reproductive Medicine, Child Health, Neonatology, Paediatric Surgery and Developmental Paediatrics. There are 424 beds for in-patient care in this facility.
Christian Medical College
Ida Scudder Road,
Vellore - 632004
Tamil Nadu, India